Resolution of the International Forum “Mass Man-made Famine: Remember, Honor” published
The information and political neswpaper Ukraina Moloda published a Resolution of the participants of the International Forum “Mass Man-made Famine: Remember, Honor,” which took place in Kyiv on September 7.
Following the Forum, the Organizing Committee prepared a resolution with proposals of the meeting participants – scientists, lawyers, public figures, and representatives of international organizations.
It is a kind of action plan for all branches of government on what measures should be taken to preserve national memory and further study, research and investigate crimes of the past that have no statute of limitations. After all, even today, there are many myths and speculations about this topic.
Text of the Resolution
Participants of the International Forum (Forum), honoring the memory of Ukrainians destroyed by the communist totalitarian regime during the Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933 and mass man-made famines of 1921-1923 and 1946-1947, reached a common understanding on the preservation of historical memory, rethinking the historical past, establishing the circumstances and consequences of crimes committed.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Dmytro Razumkov, Chairman of the Ukrainian World Congress Pavlo Grod, President of the Genocide Famine Foundation (USA) Mykola Kocherha, greeted the participants of the Forum.
President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko, Metropolitan of Kyiv and All Ukraine, Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine Epiphanius, Primate of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church Sviatoslav, members of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, more than 300 scientists, researchers, public figures, and international organizations from Canada, Lithuania, Germany, Poland, the United States, Croatia, and other countries, attended the Forum.
Taking into account the proposals made in the speeches of the participants, guided by Article 3 of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On the Holodomor of 1932-1933 in Ukraine”, the Law of Ukraine “On Condemnation of Communist and Nationalist (Nazi) Totalitarian Regimes in Ukraine,” participants of the International Forum decided:
* send the resolution and materials of the Forum to the President of Ukraine, the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Prime Minister of Ukraine, ministries, departments, and relevant state institutions;
* appeal to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to establish criminal liability for denying the Holodomor-genocide;
* inform ministries, departments, and government agencies about the results of comprehensive forensic examinations of the losses of the Ukrainian nation from the Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933 – 10 million 500 thousand Ukrainians and mass man-made famines: 1921-1923 – 3 million 500 thousand Ukrainians, 1946 —1947 – 1 million 500 thousand Ukrainians;
* recommend the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to continue general scientific and historical-legal research to uncover crimes of the communist totalitarian regime, establish historical truth about the Holodomor-genocide of 1932-1933 and mass man-made famines of 1921 —1923 and 1946—1947;
* recommend the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to update the process of introducing electives and clubs in the educational environment, using the program of the optional course “Holodomor of 1932-1933 as genocide of the Ukrainian people” for 10-11 grades of secondary schools and textbook for teachers “Holodomor 1932 “1933 – the genocide of the Ukrainian nation”;
* apply to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine, the Ukrainian Institute of National Memory, the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide to take into account the proposals of the International Forum ;
* apply to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine to hand over to the Ukrainian Institute of National Memory and the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide copies of archival criminal cases and documents relating to the Holodomor Genocide of 1932-1933 and mass man-made famines of 1921-1923 and 1946-1947;
* apply to the Ukrainian Institute of National Remembrance, the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide to prepare a draft Decree of the President of Ukraine on events to the 90th anniversary, involving representatives of civil society;
* appeal to the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine and the Security Service of Ukraine to conduct pre-trial investigations into the mass extermination of Ukrainians by the communist totalitarian regime in 1921-1923, 1946-1947;
* appeal to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine to establish a joint working group, involving relevant government agencies and representatives of the Ukrainian public and the international community to develop relevant materials to spread the truth about the Holodomor-genocide and mass man-made famines;
* materials of the International Forum to be covered in mass media.