VI International scientific and practical conference “Genocide as a weapon in the fight against the Ukrainian nation in the 20th-21st centuries: interdisciplinary approaches”
We invite you to participate in the VI International scientific and practical conference “Genocide as a weapon in the fight against the Ukrainian nation in the 20th-21st centuries: interdisciplinary approaches” to the 90th anniversary of the Holodomor-genocide, which will take place at the address: Kyiv, str. Sichovyh Striltsiv, 52А, and simultaneously in an online format using the Zoom program, on November 24-25, 2022 (starting at 10:00 a.m.).
The work of the conference is planned in the following directions:
Section 1. Holodomor-genocide of the Ukrainian nation as the greatest crime of the communist totalitarian regime (November 24, 2022)
The venue. The University of educational management of the National Academy of educational sciences of Ukraine. 52 A, Sichovykh Striltsiv Street, Kyiv, Ukraine, and simultaneously in the online format using the Zoom program (starting at 10:00 a.m.).
– Preconditions and causes of Holodomor-genocide in Ukraine.
– Mechanisms of committing the crime of genocide of the Ukrainian nation.
– Resistance of Ukrainians to the genocidal and repressive actions of the communist totalitarian regime.
– The policy of silence and denial of the Holodomor-genocide by the communist totalitarian regime in modern Russia.
– Holodomor-genocide in the light of international political relations of the early 1930s.
– Memory of the Holodomor-genocide in Ukraine: peculiarities of formation, scientific research, instrumentalization in politics.
– Socio-economic, socio-political, demographic, moral and psychological consequences of the Holodomor-genocide.
– Methodology of teaching topics about Holodomor-genocide in Ukraine and crimes of totalitarian regimes in modern education.
Section 2. Genocide of Ukrainians during the Russian-Ukrainian war 2014-2022 (November 25, 2022)
The venue. Ukrinform, 8/16 B. Khmelnytskyi street, Kyiv, and simultaneously in the online format using the Zoom program (starting at 11:00 a.m.).
– The process of preparing Russian aggression against Ukraine and planning genocide.
– The legal qualification of the actions of the aggressor state in Ukraine as genocide and the creation of a special tribunal to hold the Russian leadership accountable.
– Food as a weapon of the aggressor in the conditions of the modern Russian-Ukrainian war.
– Destruction and deportation of the Ukrainian civilian population as an instrument of genocide during the modern Russian-Ukrainian war.
– Cultivation of the image of Ukrainians as an enemy in Russia as preparation for genocide.
– Financial support and creation of a network of pro-Russian citizens of Ukraine for their use as accomplices in the crime of genocide.
– Physical destruction of perpetrators of genocide by Russia.
– Destruction of Ukrainian cultural heritage and education system.
– The destruction of the Ukrainian national church as an element of Russia’s genocidal policy toward Ukrainians in the conditions of the modern Russian-Ukrainian war.
– Socio-economic and demographic consequences of the genocide of the Ukrainian nation during the Russian-Ukrainian war 2014-2022.
The organizing committee accepts scientific reports of up to 10 pages of A4 format by e-mail
Conference information letter in English