Contest for creating educational videos on general human rights
The platform of European memory and conscience, members of which is the Holodomor Victims Memorial, has announced a competition for the creation of educational videos on the topic of universal human rights.
A proposal for artists: a competition for the development of educational video clips.
Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Platform for European Remembrance and Conscience announces a competition for a series of short YouTube video tutorials in English that show violations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by Nazi and Communist totalitarian regimes. The deadline for submission of the application is May 15, 2018. The winner will receive a contract for the project until August 10, 2018.
Who can apply? Individual participants or groups of participants, university students and professionals. Women’s participation is encouraged.
Requirements for finished videos:
1) Each final video clip must present and illustrate the violations of one of the articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by totalitarian dictatorships, namely, Nazism, fascism and communism. Articles 28 and 30 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights have been omitted because they are difficult to portray.
2) An additional introductory video should be created, which will present the project and gratitudes.
3) Each video should be about a minute (from 30 seconds to 60 seconds).
4) The target audience is high school students anywhere in the world, but first and foremost in Europe.
5) The language of the video, if any, must be English.
6) The video should cover the citizens of different nationalities, as well as men, women and children.
Requirements for the competitive bid:
1) The application can be executed by any artistic or computerized technique.
2) The application should consist of 28 images representing the participant’s idea for each of the 28 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
3) For each of the 28 images, a brief statement (1-2 sentences) is provided explaining the content of the video (script).
4) The application must contain the proposed budget and timetable for the implementation of the project. The platform reserves the right to limit the number of video clips specified in the contract.
5) In addition, the application must contain demonstrational samples of the offer participant:
01 If you want to take a video: short video of MP4 or MOV format (5-10 seconds) demonstrating participant’s ability and visual project idea;
02 If the video needs to be animated: a visual representation in the final form that shows the idea of the sentence and a short snippet of animation in MP4 or MOV format (5-10 seconds), which shows participant skills.
6) The application must contain references to the previous works of the author, if possible, samples.
Submit an application
01 The application must be submitted electronically and consist of 2 files:
A PDF file with images, resume, budget, implementation schedule, and links (see paragraphs 2, 3, 4, and 6 above) and a video file (see paragraph 5 above).
02 The application must be submitted by May 15, 2018, by 24:00 CET. (UTC +01: 00).
03 The size of the application must not exceed 200 MB.
04 The electronic application is sent via the server: http://www.uschovna.cz/en to: [email protected]
- The participant has sufficient skills to complete the project;
- Artistic value of design content;
- Quality of experience from viewing;
- This subject needs to be well studied and this concept is well suited for teaching about the violation of human rights by totalitarian regimes and the importance of realizing basic human rights today;
- The expediency of graphics – videos should be released by August 10, 2018;
- Budget expediency – budget should be realistic.
The Platform Manager will determine the winner. The results will be published May 25, 2018.
Phone: +420 222 561 056.
E-mail: [email protected].