2019 © All rights reserved
From Children’s Point of View: Presentation of a Documentary about the Holodomor
On October 26, 2019, at 11:00, the presentation of the movie “The History of the Holodomor. Our Narrative”, created by the teenagers of 11–14 years old, will take place.
During the 5 lessons, the children were working on the short documentary tape within the creative laboratory. The participants learned about the events of the history of the 1920–30’s, which were a turning point for the history of Ukraine. They were exploring the causes, preconditions and consequences of the 1932–1933 Holodomor-Genocide.
For the first time, the Holodomor Museum has launched the Creative Lab educational project to tell teens a complicated story in an easy and understandable way.
Future filmmakers were looking for the answers to such questions:
- why Ukraine failed to assert its independence 100 years ago,
- how the Communist authorities were able to occupy Ukraine;
- how avant-garde art was replaced by social realism, destroying the most talented artists;
- how Stalin started a policy of dekulakization and collectivization;
- how the Soviet authorities launched the mechanism of the Holodomor.
The last lesson was devoted to the topic of preserving the memory of the Holodomor Genocide. While making the candle, the children learned about the history of Remembrance Day and read the National Book of Memory of the Holodomor victims.
On this Saturday, Sofia, Nestor, Lesia and Eva will show their work, a 5-part documentary. Having chosen the photos and analyzed the documents, the participants will answer the most common children’s questions about the Holodomor.
The entrance is free.