History Teachers, You Can Become the Co-Authors of the Textbook about the Holodomor
Histoty teachers, become co-authors of the textbook!
You are the mediators between the true history and the schoolchildren. It is the teachers who, when talking about the past, form an idea of what the future should be like, and we truly thank you for that.
✏️The team of our museum spreads modern research on the Holodomor, new approaches, methods and forms of teaching students traumatic history.
In 2019, the Holodomor Research Institute, the National Museum of the Holodomor Genocide and the Faculty of History Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv – official developed an elective course program for grades 10-11 “Holodomor of 1932-1933 as genocide of the Ukrainian nation”, which was recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
We are currently working on a single textbook for this elective course, which will be supplemented by a collection of educational classes and lessons developed by history and civic education teachers.
You can co-author it!
Join the initiative and share your developments of previously unpublished lessons and interactive classes for the textbook in the following areas:
- collectivization and dekulakization as attempts to “Sovietize” the Ukrainian countryside;
- resistance of Ukrainians: bagpipes, women’s riots, armed uprisings;
- dissemination of Soviet propaganda (propaganda posters, newspaper articles, speeches by communist leaders);
- famine as an instrument of genocide of Ukrainians (grain procurement plan, the Law on Five Ears of Grain, the regime of “black boards”, bans on leaving the territory of the USSR);
- foreign press about the Holodomor (journalists G. Jones and W. Duranty, M. Maggeridge, W. Chamberlin);
- destruction of Ukrainian culture, formation of a new type of a “Soviet man”, Russification of Ukraine;
- concealment and denial of the Holodomor
- the truth about the Holodomor genocide — oral testimonies of survivors;
- returning the truth about the Holodomor in Ukraine;
- recognition of the Holodomor as genocide of the Ukrainian nation in Ukraine and the world.
We look forward to receiving your letters to [email protected] by June 30, 2020.
team of the Holodomor Museum.