Holodomor Research Institute Launched Its Official Site
On September 4, 2020, the Holodomor Research Institute, a branch of the National Museum of the Holodomor Genocide, launched its official website!
It contains documents and resolutions, research results, photo and video materials about the Holodomor-genocide and mass artificial famines of 1921–1923 and 1946–1947.
- the Holodomor calendar;
- mechanisms and tools of genocide;
- information about “blackboards”;
- the role of MTS political departments in committing the crime of genocide;
- transgenerational consequences of the Holodomor and demographic losses;
- artificial mass famines of 1921–1923 and 1946–1947;
- quotes of famous people about the Holodomor;
- information about the Holodomor Research Institute: its subdivisions, structure, purpose and tasks.
The Holodomor Research Institute, a research unit of the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide, was created on November 16, 2018. Its official website will allow everyone to explore the history of the Holodomor and the mass artificial famines through documents and resolutions, photos and videos, articles and research.
The main tasks of the Institute are to conduct research on the history of the Holodomor of 1932–1933, the genocide of the Ukrainian nation: its preconditions, causes, actions, political and legal aspects and socio-demographic consequences for the Ukrainian community of that time and transgenerational effects, as well as history of artificial mass famines of 1921–1923 and 1946–1947
Historical research of the Holodomor-genocide is the central direction of the Institute’s work and covers the whole range of scientific work from archival search of historical sources, their analysis, attribution, systematization to publication of monographs, articles and abstracts of conferences, introduction of discovered archival documents and materials.