2019 © All rights reserved
Presentation of the Movie “The History of the Holodomor. Our Story ”
“It seems to me that not everything is on Wikipedia, so this lab is definitely worth visiting. I do not divide history into adult history and history for children: here I learned that the Holodomor is not simply a refusal of farmers to go to collective farms, but a change of whole politics. I was amazed at how much the Soviet authorities were hiding from the whole world what they had done to the Ukrainian people. Everyone should know this without exception,” said Lesia, a participant of the Creative Lab for teens at the Holodomor Museum.
On October 26, the presentation of the movie “The History of the Holodomor. Our Story”, created by teenagers of 11–14 years old within the creative laboratory. During the 5 lessons they worked on the short documentary tape, learning about the events of the 1920–30s – a turning point for the history of Ukraine, exploring the causes, preconditions and consequences of the 1932–1933 Holodomor-genocide.
Future filmmakers sought answers to the questions:
- why Ukraine failed to assert its independence 100 years ago,
- how the Communist authorities were able to occupy Ukraine;
- they traced how avant-garde art was replaced by socialist realism, destroying the most talented artists;
- how Stalin started a policy of dispossession and collectivization;
- how the Soviet authorities launched the mechanism of the Holodomor.